Friday, March 8, 2013

Welcome!

Work it girl!


About a year ago I quit my soul-sucking, high paying office job to stay at home to raise my kids leaving my husband to bring home the bacon on his own. That decision meant that we'd have to stay in our tiny 1000 sq ft condo and put on hold our dreams of buying a new home. The challenge presented itself right away: how to make our small space more enjoyable and functional for the long haul without spending a boatload of money. No fabulous, pintrest-worthy closet makeovers for me. Oh no, I'd have to do this on the cheap. This was part of the deal when I quit my job so I put my big girl pants on and decided to put my love for repurposing outdated and unloved items into something better to work for me. Writing this blog will help me share my journey and keep me accountable to my goal. 

Unfortunately its still winter here in New Hampshire so new painting projects will need to wait for better painting weather. In the meantime I will post older projects that Ive completed with annotations on lessons learned along the way.

Feel free to leave comments, ask questions and try it at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment